This course is designed to provide an understanding of the Abrasive Wheels regulations and Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 instructing delegates in all aspects of the correct mounting, setting and use of Abrasive Wheels, and hiring of hand held electrical and ICE powered machines. (Appointed Persons).
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the Regulations and Legal Obligations
- Have knowledge and understanding of additional tool hire regulations & requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical application of machine cleaning and inspection
- Store and handle Abrasive Wheels correctly
- Examine and test wheels for damage
- Set & Dress wheels
- Examine & Test machines for safety
- Have knowledge and understanding of correct recording procedures
- Undertake pre hire checks
This is a half day course with the option of combining with the half day Manual Handling course on the same day.