Who should attend?
Supervisors and Agents employed by Organisation and Companies involved in the reinstatement of excavations in the highway.
To enable candidates to understand the requirements of the Code of Practise for the reinstatement of sub-base and road base in non-bituminous materials.
On completion each candidate will be able to:
- Understand the principles of the highway structure together with the function of the construction layers.
- Understand the materials and thickness of layers permitted for reinstating each type of road classification.
- Understand the materials and thickness of layers permitted for reinstating footway and cycle track.
- Recognise the types and suitability of compaction and testing equipment.
- Understand the technique of laying and compacting non-bituminous materials in sub-base and roadbase to ensure compliance with the Code of Practice.