Who should attend?
Supervisors and Agents employed by Organisation and Companies involve in the reinstatement of excavation in the highway.
To enable candidates to understand the requirements of the Code of Practice for the reinstatement of bituminous materials.
On completion each candidate will be able to:
- Understand the principles of the highway structure together with the function of the construction layers.
- Understand the materials and thickness of layers permitted for reinstating each type of road classification.
- Understand the materials and thickness of layers permitted for reinstating footway and cycle track.
- Recognise the types and suitability of compaction equipment.
- Understand the technique of laying and compacting bituminous materials to ensure compliance with the Code of Practice.
- Recognise other operations which may need to be carried out in conjunction with surface reinstatement.