Who should attend?
Foremen and Operators employed by Organisations and Companies who are responsible for any work carried out in the highway.
To enable candidates to understand and interpret the Code of Practise for signing, lighting, guarding, thereby ensuring a safe working environment for themselves, their colleagues and the General Public when working in the highway.
On completion each candidate will be able to:
- Understand and recognise the need for correct signing, lighting and guarding in relation to the safety for personnel engaged in the work and pedestrians and traffic negotiating any obstruction resulting from the work.
- Recognise the need to maintain free movement of pedestrians and vehicles.
- Be aware of the correct signs, barriers, lamps, and their positioning to ensure compliance with the Code of Practice.
- Understand the operational and installation of portable traffic lights and their correct positioning and use.
- Identify and special measures necessary to accommodate work in restricted areas, such as railway crossings etc.