Who should attend?
Foremen and Operatives employed by Organisation and Companies involved in the reinstatement of excavations in the highway.
To provide knowledge and skill in backfill and inspection to meet the requirements of the Code of Practise for the reinstatement of opening in the highway.
On completion each candidate will be able to:
- Recognise the different types of carriageway and footway and the make up of the various layers.
- Segregate excavation materials as suitable and unsuitable for re-use and store in a correct manner.
- Backfill excavations in the correct manner to the required standard using typical equipment.
- Understand the measures to be taken to ensure the safety and support of existing underground apparatus.
- Ensure site safety and cleanliness, removing surplus materials and prepare excavation for surface reinstatement.