Who should attend?
Foremen and Operatives employed by Organisations and Companies involved in the reinstatement of openings in the highway.
To provide knowledge and skill to lay and compact hot lay bituminous materials in accordance with the Code of Practice for the reinstatement of openings in the highway.
On completion each candidate will be able to:
- Remove, if required, any temporary material above foundation level using typical tools and equipment.
- Prepare sub layer for bituminous material.
- Place and level in accordance with the Code of Practice.
- Compact material in accordance with the Code of Practise using typical equipment.
- Accommodate any existing surface boxes, frames, kerbs or edge restraints as necessary.
- Remove all surplus material leaving highway clean and safe.