Telehandler, Rough Terrain FLT, Reach Truck & Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Training – Novices
Pre-use inspection, visual and operational checks also fault reporting procedures. Candidates also shown how to correctly record information using pre-use check sheets.
- Use of manufacturers stated lifting capacity; details explained in depth and how to read such capacity plates; de-rating included for use of attachments etc.
Basic engineering principles of counterbalance and hydraulic operating systems and stability triangle etc
- Longitudinal and lateral instabilities etc
- Basic operating practices such as :- moving off and stopping procedures, use of hydraulic systems etc. travelling and parking positions etc, loading and unloading procedures, gating techniques etc, stacking and de-stacking including racking design and uses and inspection training, 90 degree turns both left and right in confined areas, Correct use of ramps etc
- Battery care and/or refuelling training. load weight assessment and load inspections.
- Pre use check test, theory test practical operating test through confined spaces etc.
Experienced Workers Assessments – available tests
- Exc 180 Above & Below 5T & Exc 360 Above & Below 10T,
- Forward Tipping Dumpers, Rear Tipping Dump Trucks,
- Tracked & Wheeled Loading Shovels, Skid Steers, Agricultural
- Tractors, Skip Handlers, Graders, Tractor/Dozers, Soil &
- Landfill Compactors, Signaller/Slinger, Ride on Rollers, Ind
- Counterbalance FLT, Rough Terrain Fork Lift, Telescopic
- Handler & M.E.W.P s Scissor & Boom.
6 Tests maximum in a day, Criteria must be met to pass test
- All machinery must have Operator Manuals.
- Candidates must adhere to Safety Rules
- 1 passport photo & National Insurance number required